Sunday, March 2, 2008

$tarBUCKS

"Mom, you don't want to go here! This place is too expensive-it's the expensive coffee place......star BUCKS!"

Embarassed as I am to admit I spent $3 on a cup of coffee, I had to laugh at my 7 yo's concern over my spending habits-if only he knew how much of an investment that $3 actually was.

That cup of coffee distracted me from squabbling children, cranky from hours of long-distance errands. It occupied my mouth so I couldn't turn around and scream at offending child, prevented me from saying something I was sure to regret, and gave my brain a stimulant-jolt so I could deny the fact that I was completely exhausted.
It also eased my hunger pangs, preventing me from stopping at a random fast-food joint and spending a fortune on providing sub-standard food for my 3 children and myself.

So really that $3 was an investment for my family! I did it for you, F, C and M.- just don't tell your father!

No comments: